Kiin Moses Basket & Wooden Stand Safety
WARNING - Failure to follow these warnings and instructions could result in serious injury or death.
INSPECT: When you receive the item, be sure to inspect all parts thoroughly, if there are any damaged parts, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT use this product if it is damaged, broken or there are any parts missing. Inspect and test the basket before placing your baby into it.
SAFE SLEEPING: Follow the SIDS safe sleeping guidelines, you can download the latest 'safe sleeping' brochure on www.rednose.com.au/section/safe-sleeping. There is currently no Australian Standard for bassinets or moses baskets, Please read the ACCC Product Safety guide via the government website; www.productsafety.gov.au/products/babies-kids/kids-furniture/bassinettes. As there are no standards in Australia for moses baskets it is recommended that they be used for supervised naps only.
AGE: Suitable for babies from birth until they roll over, or pull themselves up the side of the bassinet (whichever happens first). This usually happens anywhere from 4-6 months of age.
- Moses baskets must be placed on a fiat. firm, stable surface, or in a specifically designed Kiin baby wooden moses basket stand (Important: Follow all wooden stand instructions accordingly.)
- NEVER place the basket near stairs, tables or high surfaces where it could fall. Keep basket away from windows (& window coverings e.g curtains, blinds) running or standing water and any other potential hazards around the area of the basket which could cause injury to your baby.
- DO NOT allow other children or pets to climb or lean in or around the basket. especially if it is on a stand.
- DO NOT carry or transport basket whilst your baby is inside. This could result in injury.
- NEVER add a pillow, comforter or padding. Use the pad/mattress provided by the manufacturer or a moses basket mattress that fits snug within the base of the basket. If a sheet is used with the pad, use only one that is specifically designed to fit the dimension of the mattress provided - ALWAYS use a sheet that fits tightly & securely and wraps around the mattress corners.
- DO NOT attach or place any toys with strings in or around the basket. strings can cause strangulation or choking.
- We recommend the use of a mattress protector & fitted sheet on the mattress.
- If the basket should go out of shape, simply iron or steam the edges and reshape/manipulate with your hands.
- WASH mattress, sheets & protectors regularly. Spot clean basket with warm soapy water. Basket should be regularly aired; the best practice would be to remove the mattress, and place them outside in direct sunlight for a few hours.
- Avoid moisture - Keep product dry and out of damp areas. As these baskets are made from a natural material, like anything of that nature, they can be prone to mould growth if stored incorrectly. To prevent this make sure to store the basket in a dry, well lit and well ventilated area; mould thrives in dark, damp places. Check the stored basket regularly for any telltale black spots, even if you don't use it often.
- High Fire danger - keep product away from heat and flames or any sources of intense heat e.g stoves, heaters, fire places.