from 'kin' meaning family.
The initial idea for Kiin Baby was sparked in 2017 when Rose was pregnant with her first daughter, Hazel. In trying to prepare her own nursery she dreamed up products that she herself wanted, particularly in gender neutral designs and styles, inspired by the earth. Hazel was soon born, and Rose continued to build on her ideas slowly whilst adjusting to life as a new mother.
With an all-female staff of just 5; focusing on our products quality - made to love, and last. We pride ourselves on taking inspiration from the natural world whilst striving to have minimal impact on it.
We are a small family-owned business, located on the sunny Central Coast of New South Wales, Australia. We acknowledge the Darkinjung people as Traditional Custodians of the land.
Ways in which we are striving to minimise our footprint:
- Our products are sourced with a focus on natural materials.
- We stock other like-minded environmentally friendly brands & products where possible.
- Kiin's product packaging is designed to be very minimal, simple & recyclable, using recycled kraft cardboard, which is intended to be again recycled!
- All of our mail packaging is eco friendly; our mail satchels are 100% compostable (Supplied by Hero Packaging) We use eco-friendly tissue paper (Supplied by No Issue) and we use eco cardboard boxes.
- We reuse and recycle at every opportunity we can! We often reuse bubble wrap/packaging & cardboard boxes that arrive to us with any of our incoming business purchases, and if we can’t reuse them, we recycle them (where possible).
Ways in which we give back:
- Ongoing monthly donations to Starlight Children's Foundation
- Ongoing monthly donations to Top End Women's Legal Service
We are open to ever expanding green practices, and giving back to our community. If you have any questions, suggestions or feedback, please contact us at email@example.com, we’d love to hear from you!